Peace of mind for five years.*
Your New Vehicle Warranty.
Our comprehensive Warranty Statement means peace of mind for five years for new Mercedes-Benz Vans & Utes purchased from authorised Mercedes-Benz Retailers in Australia. Your vehicle is covered for parts and labour charges incurred in rectifying a manufacturing defect relating to materials or workmanship.
The five year period commences from the date the vehicle was first registered.
What does the Warranty cover?
Mercedes-Benz will repair or replace manufacturing defects in material or workmanship which arise during the warranty period free of charge.
Note that the certified warranty only covers the vehicle as manufactured by Mercedes-Benz and does not cover any modification, accessories, bodies or other goods or services supplied by a third party manufacturer.
What doesn't the Warranty cover?
This means that the warranty will not cover defects caused by (including but not limited to) the following:
● Ignoring any instructions contained in the owner's manual or failing to correctly respond to any warning lights or messages in the vehicle that appear on the dashboard information system.
● If you misuse your vehicle - including not driving it in accordance with the instructions in the owner's manual, driving at excessive speeds, engaging in competition or motor sports or exceeding the vehicle’s capacity in regards to use, application or load.
● Failing to service or maintain the vehicle according to the instructions or at the prescribed intervals as defined in the owner's manual.
● If servicing, maintenance or repairs are performed by a non-authorised Mercedes-Benz Retailer which causes a defect.
● Modifications in engine output or vehicle specifications without Mercedes-Benz’s approval
● If a defect is caused by non-genuine Mercedes-Benz parts or parts, accessories, supplies or service products which are not approved by Mercedes-Benz.
● If a defect is caused by any modification, bodywork alterations or incorrect fitting of an accessory to your original Mercedes-Benz after its manufacture by a non-authorised Mercedes-Benz Retailer. Third party products or services may be covered by a warranty provided by the relevant third party manufacturer or supplier. Your authorised Mercedes-Benz Retailer may be able to provide you with contact details so that you can enquire as to whether a third party warranty may apply.
● Defects caused by improper care or cleaning methods or the use of cleaning materials, fuels or lubricants not approved by Mercedes-Benz.
● If a defect is a result of normal wear and tear on items and consumables such as spark plugs, wiper blades, lubricants, brake pads, brake discs, clutches and tyres.
● If a defect is caused by external influences such as plant and animal substances, storms, hail, fallout, bird or animal droppings, pollution or other environmental impacts, or from events such as salt water ingress, accident damage or vandalism.
Vehicles which are subject to specific warranty arrangements with Mercedes-Benz Australia.
What is the Warranty Period?
Vito, Valente and Sprinter:
5 years from the date of first registration of the Vehicle or 250,000km (whichever occurs first).*
V Class, X Class and Marco Polo:
Private Use: 5 years from the date of first registration of the Vehicle.*
Commercial Use: 5 years from the date of first registration of the Vehicle or 250,000km (whichever occurs first).
“Commercial Application” means using the Vehicle for commercial purposes or public transport purposes such as a taxi or other hire, rental, rideshare or charter vehicle (including on a part-time or casual basis).
Batteries: Battery warranty periods vary depending on your vehicle and between private and commercial use. Please see Warranty Statement for full warranty period terms.
*Warranty start times may vary for demonstrator vehicles.
When the Warranty ceases to apply?
● Vehicle is assessed as a write off, repairable write off or total loss
● Vehicle is sold via a public auction;
● Odometer reading cannot be determined as accurate as a result of it being inoperative, tampered with, altered, disconnected or removed from the vehicle; or
● Vehicle becomes unroadworthy or unregistered.
How do I get assistance to correct a manufacturing defect?
Here are some things you should know to speed up the process.
● Present the vehicle to an authorised Mercedes-Benz Retailer immediately or as soon as practicable after a defect arises that may be due to a manufacturing defect. You can find your nearest authorised Mercedes-Benz Retailer at www.mercedes-benz.com.au/dealer
● Have repair work under the warranty carried out by an authorised Mercedes-Benz Retailer using Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts
● You must permit the authorised Mercedes-Benz Retailer to fully inspect the vehicle. Some repairs, diagnosis or replication of the defect may not be possible with only one inspection, so you may need to make more than one visit to an authorised Mercedes-Benz Retailer
● Some parts may be removed and replaced as part of a repair under the Plan. Any parts which are removed will become the property of Mercedes-Benz.
What costs are not covered?
The Plan does not cover (a) servicing, maintenance, tyres, consumables, normal wear and tear, the alignment of front and rear axles, wheel balancing and tyre rotation; and (b) any consequential damage incurred or repairs required if you continue to operate the Vehicle after the defect arises.
Other terms and conditions
Provided that the terms and conditions of the Warranty have been complied with, any unexpired period of the warranty may be transferred to a new registered owner of the vehicle.
The warranty applies to all new Mercedes-Benz vehicles registered on or after 1st April 2020.
The warranty is subject to further terms, conditions and exclusions. This is a summary of the main benefits, terms and exclusions of the warranty and is not to be taken as a warranty document/statement. Please refer to the warranty statement provided at delivery or contact your authorised Retailer for all terms, conditions and exclusions of the warranty.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. The benefits of the warranty are in addition to any other rights and remedies you have under a law in relation to the vehicle.
The warranty statement is issued By Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd ABN 23 004 411 410 of 44 Lexia Place, Mulgrave, Victoria, 3170, (03) 9566 9266.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to major failure.
The benefits of this warranty are in addition to any other rights and remedies you have under a law in relation to the Vehicle. In circumstances where your rights under the Australian Consumer Law are greater than your rights under this warranty, we will always honour your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.